Saturday, December 08, 2007

I Love Libraries

I think one of my favorite things about going to work for IBM is my access to the library we have here in Austin. I love to read (online and off line) about technology and I'm always trying to hone my skills and pick up new skills and tricks. So far, I've read Practices of an Agile Developer, which is great by the way, and I'm reading Practical Development Environments right now. Before I started working, I had to scrounge whatever books I could find, but now I have more access and I can't wait to read more. I already have about eight other books I plan on reading as well as another seven or so useful references such as the awesome Bash Cookbook from O'Reilly. It has been incredibly helpful in helping me improve my skills with Bash. Once I get further along in reading Practical Development Environments, I'll put up my thoughts on the book. So far it has been a very interesting and fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment